Friday, October 1, 2010

Today on what I consider to be almost fully a holiday day (that is hardly any school work to be done!) I reflect that while I have been doing housework chores and preparing to go away and baking etc etc, I have
  • tweeted,
  • updated my FB status,
  • checked google maps,
  • used metlink to check out bus timetables,
  • used whitepages,
  • updated my iphone
  • been into a virtual world to have a 'clean up' (that was the work bit)
  • skyped 3 different people
  • blogged

Where would we be without computers, wi-fi and the Internet? I just can't imagine my life without these tools.

Interestingly enough in a recent survey one of my students commented that time in the virtual world could easily mean she would spend too much time on the computer and that wasn't a good thing.

How much time is too much time? How do we support students and parents to achieve an appropriate balance? What/how do we role model to them?

More questions than ideas or opinions today! But as colleague of mine recently reflected, its great being a learner and thats just what I am, definitely in this area, for sure!

1 comment:

  1. Great to see you're using technology for a range of purposes!

    ReplyDelete